News content is based on the DHS news and is published monthly by the PTA. To receive the newsletter online, please subscribe to the PTA Listserver whether you're a PTA member or not. If you would prefer to receive a paper copy of the newsletter, click on Quick Links button to the left. Copies of the newsletter are also available in the front office of DHS. Whether in electronic or paper formats, the newsletter is available for all DHS families. Announcements, articles, dates and details are submitted to our editor via email by using Quick Link button to the left.
- The subject must be related to school, PTA or DJUSD. It must follow State and National PTA guidelines for noncommercial, nonpartisan, and nonsectarian policies.
- Send directly to DHSPTAmedia@mailman.dcn.org. We follow Internet and journalistic protocol and cannot disseminate forwarded or second-hand announcements. Please include your name, e-mail, and phone. You may include the article in the body of the e-mail in plain text or you may submit a Word document as an attachment. Deadlines are noted in the newsletters as well as on the PTA website. See dates. When appropriate, the PTA Listserver Coordinator may also re-direct, grade-level specific announcements to the respective class listserver for distribution, including any that have missed the newsletter deadline. Publication is subject to space availability. The newsletter generally comes out the beginning of each month during the school year. Submissions regarding information that is happening before the date of distribution will be subject to the LATE SUBMISSION POLICY described below. See Daily Bulletin for announcements intended for students.
- When you send an announcement to the e-mail address DHSPTAmedia@mailman.dcn.org, PTA volunteers responsible for the newsletter, listserver, and website as well as the PTA Executive VP will simultaneously receive your message and will help you disseminate it to the DHS community through the appropriate channel(s). This is a permanent address to help streamline school-wide and district-wide communication.
LATE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Late submissions will either be put in a subsequent issue or discarded. However, late submissions that meet the following criteria may be sent out via the school-wide PTA Listserver at the discretion of the PTA Listserver Coordinator:
- The information is time-sensitive AND is of an urgent or emergency nature.
- Circumstances did not allow submitting before the newsletter deadline.
The intent of this policy is to encourage using the newsletter. We also try to avoid burdening busy parents with too many e-mail messages from PTA.