DHS PTA PROVIDES
- A communication link between parents and the school
- Monetary grants for staff and teachers to enhance education
- Opportunities for parents to connect to the school and its staff
- Parent education about topics affecting teenagers and their families
BENEFITS OF DHS PTA MEMBERSHIP
- Having a voice in your community
- Establishing relationships with school administrators, teachers, parents and students
- Gaining information concerning legislative and community issues affecting your child's education
Learn about parent activities and see how you can help our school by attending the monthly PTA meetings. Association meetings are normally held on the first Wednesday of the month from September through May, at 7:00 in the DHS library. Get meeting dates.
JOIN DHS PTA
Become a PTA member at any time by downloading a Membership Form from this website. Membership dues, $15 per person, are used to fund programs offered by DHS PTA throughout the year.
Please volunteer to help DHS PTA at some point this year. We serve almost 2,000 students and 150 teachers, only possible with our efficient and effective volunteer force. There are many PTA positions that do not require a huge commitment throughout the year as well as other occasional volunteer opportunities that occur throughout the year and are announced via the PTA or Class level Listservers. Please consider being an active participant in our DSH PTA community! Download Volunteer Form.
STAY INFORMED - PTA CALIFORNIA & NATIONAL CHAPTERS
Membership in the DHS PTA automatically enrolls you in the California and National PTA organizations. Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA's goal of a quality education and nurturing environment for every child. Here are some useful links:
- National PTA e-Newsletters: http://www.pta.org/about/SignUp.cfm?navItemNumber=3365
- California State PTA e-Newsletters: http://www.capta.org
- Read about proposed state legislation and PTA's position: http://www.capta.org